Work With Us
Our aim is for Watkin Property Ventures to be a great place to work and for everyone to feel that they have a voice. To support this aim, we have a Team Charter which sets out how we behave, and which is signed by everyone in the team.
Our Team Charter
- We respect ourselves, our colleagues and everybody we do business with
- We trust, encourage and support each other
- We set clear goals and deliver results
- We stay positive
- We take time to communicate
- We listen to the opinion of others
- We’re open and honest with each other
We’re currently recruiting a Qualified Management Accountant to cover maternity leave. The post is based in our office in Parc Menai, Bangor.
This post will be for an initial 18-month period, with the possibility of a permanent post for a suitable candidate.
The position comes with an attractive salary and full package of benefits.
The ideal candidate would be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified who can demonstrate:
- Commercial acumen
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong system experience (excel, office and sage)
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and to help others
For more information please contact Ann Jones, Group Support Manager on 01248 663757 or email email@example.com
Job Title: Management Accountant
Accountable To: Financial Controller
Job Purpose Statement:
Advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit; preparing financial statements, reports, budgets and commentaries thereon.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance commentary, consolidated accounts and board reports.
- Prepare and update the cashflow forecasts and maintain results.
- Prepare loan workings for all companies.
- Defer and reconcile income monthly.
- Review and reconciliation of quarterly service charge packs, attendance at meetings with agents etc
- Maintain fixed asset register, updates, workings, journals etc
- Prepare quarterly bank and other loan covenant compliance certificates and associated reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly Construction Industry Scheme returns to HMRC for WPVD Group.
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly VAT returns.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports.
- Maintain accruals and prepayments schedules.
- Prepare annual P&L budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- Work with the Financial Controller on finance initiatives and process improvements.
- To carry out ad hoc assignments including internal audit duties as directed by the Financial Controller.
- To support Financial Controller and Finance Director with preparation of Financial Accounts.
- To support Financial Controller with the annual audit process including liaison with auditors.
Responsible for the Management Accounts.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in the property industry (desirable).
- Multi-company accounting experience, including complex inter-company reconciliations
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload, multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Sage Line 50 accounting software.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise judgment.
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a good telephone manner and comfortable dealing with people of all levels, internally as well as externally.
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.