At Watkin Property Ventures we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) Who we are
We are Watkin Property Ventures, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 11699748. Our registered address is 6 Llys Castan, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4YH.
In this policy we refer to ourselves as “we”, “us”, “our” and “Watkin Property Ventures”.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(7) Policy amendments
(8) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.